The website www.thefigandfoxcompany.co.uk is owned and operated by The Fig and Fox Company Ltd., Registered Company number 12502175. The terms ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ all refer to The Fig and Fox Company Ltd.
As a user of our Website, protecting your privacy is important. In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, we strive to keep all information relating to you confidential in accordance with this statement. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you of the basic information we keep when you visit our website as well as voluntary information you provide us about yourself (“Personal Data”). This policy will explain how your Personal Data might be used and how we protect your Personal Data and privacy.
The Fig and Fox Company Ltd. does not use data for client manipulation or monitoring. We consider it to be an invasion of your privacy and consider every person who gives us Personal Data to be an individual. You can be confident that we will adhere to the conditions as set out in this policy with regard to keeping your personal information private.
We will be happy to answer any enquiries regarding this Privacy Statement. If you have any queries or wish to update the information we hold about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It should be noted that this policy applies to this website only. If you leave our website, you will be subject to the policy of a different website provider and recommend you read their Privacy Statement before continuing to use their website.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
● Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
● Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. ● Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
● Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
● Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
● Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, beauty profile information, feedback and survey responses. ● Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website, products and services.
● Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. If you are visiting public areas of the Website, we do not collect any Personal Data about you. However, we may automatically collect information about your visits, such as browsing data, traffic data, location data, and search patterns. This information collected does not reveal any type of Personal Data and is only used for analysis to develop our Website and is not linked to any individual. Our Website services include direct interactions where you may give us your Identity, Profile, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
● Create and account on our Website;
● Purchase our products or services;
● Subscribe to our service or publications;
● Request marketing be sent you;
● Enter a competition, promotion or survey If you submit details for us to contact you regarding offers, interest in our services or to comment on our blog, we will collect and hold certain Personal Data about you when you submit your details.
The Personal Data collected by us will include your name, e-mail address, phone number and any details you choose at will to discuss such as the delivery location or company supplier information. When you use our Site to post comments and share other information, any information that you provide may not be secure and can be collected and used by others. As a result, you should exercise caution before you make such disclosures. We use the online payment service ‘Paypal’ to minimise the direct sharing of credit card details with The Fig and Fox Company Ltd. Paypal’s privacy and security policies ◇ can be found at https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full. However, we may still require these details as well as other Personal Data such as a home address for us to perform our services.
We acknowledge that the nature of food products, individual consumption and supplier packing quantities can cause a surplus amount of food and therefore energy. However, through careful waste management, such as charitable food donations and portion controls, we can avoid the unnecessary consumption of energy that any food surplus may incur.
We only use compostable or recyclable materials for our packaging to make it easier to manage our end-of-line wastage incurred by our consumers. Even if they choose not to compost our packaging at home, it will biodegrade in a landfill within one year.
5. BEHIND THE SCENES
Due to the impact of Covid-19, we currently operate remotely.
Our kitchen is registered and maintains high standards that are checked by Environmental Health Officers. Our trained chef is certified in and compliant with all Health and Safety regulations. As such, we try our best to use cleaning products that will achieve the best standards whilst also minimising our environmental impact. This includes but is not exclusive of:
Biodegradable blue roll
Natural fibre cloths and sponges
Re-fillable cleaning bottles
Vegan and Cruelty Free Sanitiser
Plastic-free washing tablets
In the office we strive to minimise our use of paper and operate using a cloud-based system. We don't even own a printer to avoid the temptation of unnecessary printing! We outsource our printing and are always mindful of the environmental impact of the materials they use. We only request printing on recycled paper with water-based ink such as the kraft cards used inside of our boxes to communicate ingredients.
Another benefit of working remotely is the avoidance of powering a large commercial unit and the excessive consumption of energy incurred by this. By natural and personal habit, we can commit to the following ways to minimise our consumption:
Only use natural light where possible
Turn off lights that are not being used
Minimise the use of gas and electrical heating
Turn off equipment when it is not in use
Separate our waste and maximise our local recycling sources
Avoid carbon emissions caused by commuting
6. CHARITY & COMMUNITY
Our ethos of supporting local extends beyond the high street and into the community. We actively promote and encourage our customers to improve their environmental practices through our social media and communication channels.
Every year we donate 10% of our profits to charity as well as support local ones throughout the year. Two of these which help reduce our environmental impact:
PECT (formerly Peterborough Environment City Trust) - https://www.pect.org.uk/
They deliver projects and education to emphasise the importance of sustainability and protect the local environment. We commit to volunteer our staff regularly to help with their community projects.
Peterborough Soup Kitchen - https://www.peterboroughsoupkitchen.org.uk/
They provide food and drink for homeless and disadvantaged people in and around the city. We commit to donate suitable surplus food and volunteer throughout the year.
Peterborough Foodbank (seeded by The Trussell Trust) - https://peterborough.foodbank.org.uk/
They provide emergency food supplies, plus signposting and befriending those in need who live in Peterborough. We commit to donate suitable surplus food as well as act as a channel for our customers to donate suitable food supplies.
We commit to consider the environmental impact of The Fig & Fox Company and the decisions we make as a business.
We will always strive to better our product and enhance our environmental practices by abiding to the previously stated commitments and reviewing our environmental policy regularly.
LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 2020